On 3/10/2017 at 2:00 PM, IanMcLeish said:

My dog arrived nearly a year ago St Patrick's Day 2016 - he invited himself into our lives, no idea where he came from! He is still with us, but it is not quite even a year since he arrived. We contacted the warden, but no similar dog was missing. He was chipped, but not registered, so the warden was going to take him to the pound. (At least they don't ever put them down), but i asked him to hold off and contact me if the owner turned up. Still with us!

My Ten year old daughter has a "Birthday" party planned for him, as we have no idea how old he actually is, but he is a bit grey round the muzzle. He is not a young dog.

Would love to know where he came from, or how he came to be with us, but he is the favourite "person" in the house to all five of us!

My wife would not even initially let him in the house - she doesn't like furry things, but will now even (perhaps a little begrudgingly) let him onto and pet him on the couch!

If i lived like closer to you, i'd TOTALLY take it off your hands....unfortunately, i'm not sure you can ship dogs across the ocean...........

So last night, my son got elbowed in the arm playing an Irish version of soccer , where they bounce and kick the ball. I don't think it is broken, but he may need to go for an X-ray.

And the dog has a really bad limp - back left leg. He is struggling to get up from a sitting position, and to walk. It seemed to come on suddenly last night, so hopefully he has just pulled a muscle or something - I manipulated it this way and that and squeezed and prodded without a complaint from him, but I have seen him really smack his head whilst excitedly spinning around to run around outside, a serious bang, and there was not a whimper from him. The tail is still wagging. Guess one to Hospital and the other to the vet?

1 hour ago, IanMcLeish said:

So last night, my son got elbowed in the arm playing an Irish version of soccer , where they bounce and kick the ball. I don't think it is broken, but he may need to go for an X-ray.

And the dog has a really bad limp - back left leg. He is struggling to get up from a sitting position, and to walk. It seemed to come on suddenly last night, so hopefully he has just pulled a muscle or something - I manipulated it this way and that and squeezed and prodded without a complaint from him, but I have seen him really smack his head whilst excitedly spinning around to run around outside, a serious bang, and there was not a whimper from him. The tail is still wagging. Guess one to Hospital and the other to the vet?

Yeah, id say so.

• Like 2

When I first got my dog, she was about 8 weeks old and I somehow convinced myself that I broke her leg because I was trying to pick her up and she was wiggling and slipped at about 1ft off the ground. She just sat there with her leg all limp but it turns out she was just startled and didn't know what had happened. Little thing gave me a heart attack! 

He probably pulled a muscle if you can touch his foot without him whining, a broken foot is painful and they won't even let you make contact with the foot because they know it hurts. 

My dog always bangs her head on our glass table and I run over to check but she's just wagging her tail and jumping around... They just don't flinch xD 

Edited by Buzzcargo
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Buzzcargo said:

When I first got my dog, she was about 8 weeks old and I somehow convinced myself that I broke her leg because I was trying to pick her up and she was wiggling and slipped at about 1ft off the ground. She just sat there with her leg all limp but it turns out she was just startled and didn't know what had happened. Little thing gave me a heart attack! 

He probably pulled a muscle if you can touch his foot without him whining, a broken foot is painful and they won't even let you make contact with the foot because they know it hurts. 

My dog always bangs her head on our glass table and I run over to check but she's just wagging her tail and jumping around... They just don't flinch xD 

Dogs are silly!

Our neighbors have 2 dogs and i  was watching them for a week last month and they both get so excited the run around and bang into the sliding glass door, but they are fine but it sure gives me a heart attack and takes a while for my blood pressure to drop again.........

• Like 1

The lad's arm is fine, and though Max is still limping, he was running around the garden earlier like a nutter!!?? He was CRIPPLED this morning and last night!!

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, IanMcLeish said:

The lad's arm is fine, and though Max is still limping, he was running around the garden earlier like a nutter!!?? He was CRIPPLED this morning and last night!!

silly!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, blue said:

Dogs can be so dramatic sometimes.  I remember once when Benji was a pup he was racing around in the woods and suddenly I heard a 'crack' as if he crashed into something.  He came over to me SCREAMING and just lay at my feet on his side wailing at the top of his voice.  I was sure he had broken something, I was shaking, I checked him over, I tried to put him back on his feet and he just flopped over onto his side again.  Two minutes later he stopped crying, got up and trotted off happy as anything!  Later on I found a small graze on his leg which I assume is what all the fuss was about 9_9

he he.....

that's so  funny.....

• Like 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Important Information

Please read and indicate your acceptance of our Forum Rules Guidelines and our Privacy Policy