Anna

EXCUSE ME SIR

Lol much like fish, I suspect that at certain times of the year, the females will just get eggy and lay eggs regardless of whether there's a male or not. Won't know until you see the eggs though and some never do it. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, myrasosweet said:

Lol much like fish, I suspect that at certain times of the year, the females will just get eggy and lay eggs regardless of whether there's a male or not. Won't know until you see the eggs though and some never do it. 

They do! A friend of mine years ago had a budgie and she just randomly laid eggs one day. 

• Like 1

He was in with a confirmed female who laid tons of slug eggs every year, Fae did mating dances, nesting behavior, the whole nine yards. Not a peep from Biscuit! Which is why we never thought he was a girl

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Anna said:

BISCUIT, YOUNG MAN, WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM????

WHAT IS THIS????

IMG_3654.thumb.jpg.d11618a4e099e5d890d41c93e7c09074.jpg

IMG_3656.thumb.jpg.bf8ec1f57bf1c4ff15bb45a9f3b2c350.jpg

You laid an EGG

In MY house

Under MY rules

WITHOUT ASKING

IMG_3659.thumb.jpg.4550f1ff0b194315c5e7f066689eb6e9.jpg

Young man you are in SERIOUS TROUBLE you can't just BEHAVE like this. Just because I'm the "cool aunt" doesn't mean there are no RULES here you don't just get to LAY EGGS? You never told us you were a girl??? You're 7 YEARS OLD and you've NEVER laid before, sir, NEVER, and NOW???? YOU JUST???? 

And you already BROKE IT too, what kind of parent would you make??? ARE YOU AT ALL PREPARED FOR THAT RESPONSIBILITY??? DID YOU THINK AT ALL ABOUT THAT?????

YOU DON’T EVEN HAVE A JOB???? YOU CAN’T EVEN PAY RENT????? AND YOU WANT TO JUST HAVE A CHILD???????????

IMG_3658.thumb.jpg.7e38235477f415336939665d3fa5c74d.jpg

HA!!!!!!!!

so how are you going to preceed???

since their was no male around does that mean the egg doesn't have any viable life in it????

or do parrots ACTUALLY assume male and female roles and parts???

Actually he/she/whoever gets to keep it for a while. Tiels lay an egg every 2 days until they have a full clutch, and if an egg is taken by predators or humans or whoever, they'll keep laying to replace them which can deplete their calcium stores and be dangerous for the birdie. It's best to let them go through the whole laying and brooding process and usually after a couple of weeks they'll realize they're not hatching and lose interest. Then you can take them out without worrying that they'll want to replace them

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Anna said:

Actually he/she/whoever gets to keep it for a while. Tiels lay an egg every 2 days until they have a full clutch, and if an egg is taken by predators or humans or whoever, they'll keep laying to replace them which can deplete their calcium stores and be dangerous for the birdie. It's best to let them go through the whole laying and brooding process and usually after a couple of weeks they'll realize they're not hatching and lose interest. Then you can take them out without worrying that they'll want to replace them

INTERESTING!!!!!!!!!!

what a silly bird :-)

so you have a female then???

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Important Information

Please read and indicate your acceptance of our Forum Rules Guidelines and our Privacy Policy