GingerFish

How do you feed frozen fish food?

Question

5 answers to this question

I drop the frozen cube straight in out of the package. It thaws pretty quick in the water and the fish have fun batting it around and trying to bite chunks off of it

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, GingerFish said:

Commercial frozen food not Repashy.

There are videos of frozen food being rinsed so it doesn't make a mess of the tank water. Not a problem?

With how messy goldfish already are and how much filtration we have on there I don't consider it an issue. For sensitive fish in a more delicate system maybe, but these little piggies will be fine. 

I sometimes find the full cube to make less of a mess because they can take big half-thawed bites out of it, as opposed to having to chase hundreds of individual worms around the tank where inevitably they get caught up in decor and filters and stuff

• Like 1

You just said frozen fish food and so I included everything that's fish food that I freeze. Why would rinsing it help it not make a mess of the tank water? I don't get it. Bloodworms are kinda messy regardless. The fish seem to do a grand job of cleaning up the mess. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Important Information

Please read and indicate your acceptance of our Forum Rules Guidelines and our Privacy Policy