This isn't a review of a particular product but of the subscription service - $25/mo gets you a box with 5 or more samples or products. I got my first box today - so exciting to get it without knowing exactly what's in it! I'm impressed. I got 3 cholla logs, measuring spoons, different types of food, plant fertilizer, water conditioner,  and brine shrimp eggs. Not sure what I'll do with the shrimp eggs - would goldfish eat them or they too small? Seems like a lot of work. Anyways I signed up for the subscription so I'll get another one next month and see how much stuff is useful for me. It's fun!

• Like 5

I got a couple of these and loved it :D It was a little expensive to do monthly IMO, if you don't have a lot of tanks since you'll inevitably get stuff you can't or don't use for your particular setup. But I got a good variety of stuff, all pretty good quality. Those little sample food packets were great as treats for my goldies. None of it was a balanced staple but I like having small amounts of different things to give them to spice things up, and they last a while when you only use them as treats. And it's kinda fun getting a mystery present in the mail!

It is possible just to buy an individual box and not do the monthly subscription as well, if anyone ever has $25 to blow on something fish related and feels like trying their luck and seeing what they get. Lots of fun

• Like 3

You could hatch the brine shrimp and then raise them to adults. But it's kind of a pain, not gonna lie. They need all the regular care of fish except they're small enough to be destroyed by pretty much any filter, and they need Marine Aquarium salt. Regular salt won't cut it.

3 hours ago, GingerFish said:

Are brine shrimp Sea Monkeys? I have no interest in that! :) 

Yep basically. I had some and they came with this green powder for food. I think it was spirulina, colour and smell matched. They died so easily lol. Or maybe I was young and didn't know how to keep them alive? I don't know. 

• Like 1

Oh cute. Yeah $25 a month sure is expensive. But if you can afford it sure. I love YFS foods. I see a pack in your box. A lady I know. Loves the Nualgi in her comet pond. You've got some pricey stuff there so I see the price kind of being justified, but the stuff you won't end up needing is why I say it's likely a waste of money. 

• Like 1

I saw my aquarium box a while ago and I was interested ... but I realised that most of the things you get in the freshwater box are designed for tropical fish and won't be of use for me. What would be nice would be to have a third type of box that could be a goldfish/koi box.

• Like 3

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Important Information

Please read and indicate your acceptance of our Forum Rules Guidelines and our Privacy Policy