Sign in to follow this  
Kmeier2017

INTRODUCING........

meet Mocha!

Our 13 week old bernadoodle puppy!!!!!!!!!!! We got her when she was 10 weeks so we've had her just over a month and we all love her to pieces!!!!  (she is a cross between a bernese mt. dog and a poodle and will be about 40 pounds when she is a full adult and will live between  15 and 20 years_

Mocha is a girl and she is so friendly and sweet, she is a little shy at first but once she gets used to you she is a lovable lil thing!

She likes: begging for "real people food", chasing around her toys, licking your face, and jumping on you!

We are just now getting out of the BITING phase...the vet said she should be out of the biting stage in a few weeks! We still can't take her for super long walks cuz her bones aren't strong enough yet...

we still have to sometimes wake her up in the middle of the night to pee so we don't have to clean out her kennel every morning

on the bright side....she weight just under 12 pounds at the vet yesterday so is right on target with her weight!!!!!!!!!!

Noah is still afraid of her, but he is getting used to her and she is getting used to him :-)

**haven't been on here much due to puppy training sessions**

Mocha.jpg

• Like 2

A Bernese Mountain dog and a Toy Poodle? What? It's not even possible to breed those two dogs. Did someone verify this or is someone just taking a guess here? She looks like a Schnauzer mix to me. Either way she's adorable. Giant_Schnauzer_SERP.jpg

Edited by myrasosweet

16 minutes ago, myrasosweet said:

A Bernese Mountain dog and a Toy Poodle? What? It's not even possible to breed those two dogs. Did someone verify this or is someone just taking a guess here? She looks like a Schnauzer mix to me. Either way she's adorable. Giant_Schnauzer_SERP.jpg

I was skeptical as welll, but our vet verified she is in fact a bernadoodle......

1 minute ago, ShawnInfirmity said:

I'm assuming she means a regular (large sized) poodle and not the toy poodle. That would be an interesting mating session indeed. O.o o.O xD

LOL...

i'm not sure what kind of poodle...i'm asuuming not a toy poodle since Mocha will be about 40 pounds when fully grown and about 22 inches.......

Oh, she is very cute!

13 hours ago, Kmeier2017 said:

LOL...

i'm not sure what kind of poodle...i'm asuuming not a toy poodle since Mocha will be about 40 pounds when fully grown and about 22 inches.......

I would definitely want to know what kind of poodle she is crossed with though, did the breeder not tell you??  O.o

A standard poodle would normally be bigger than 40 pounds, so I'd expect a cross with a bernese to end up much bigger!  

Do be careful with exercising her as both standard poodles and bernese can have issues with their joints, especially if over-exercised as puppies.  Did both parents have all relevant health tests done?

5 hours ago, blue said:

Oh, she is very cute!

I would definitely want to know what kind of poodle she is crossed with though, did the breeder not tell you??  O.o

A standard poodle would normally be bigger than 40 pounds, so I'd expect a cross with a bernese to end up much bigger!  

Do be careful with exercising her as both standard poodles and bernese can have issues with their joints, especially if over-exercised as puppies.  Did both parents have all relevant health tests done?

The breeder was my brother in laws Aunt! (she breeds dogs for a living)

I'm not sure what kind of poodle was bred with the Bernese....but she did say Mocha would get about 40 pounds, but could be more if we feed her right

for exercising we take her outside for about 10-15 minutes 3 times a day where we get her to go potty and we do some training! she's getting REALLY good at coming when called!!!!!! 

we are thinking of signing up for puppy class at Petco where they will teach them more :-) 

i can email my brother in law for his aunts email and ask what kind of poodle was used in breeding....

bernese mountain dogs are one of my favorites - their markings are so beautiful and I love their thick wavy hair. They shed a lot but Mocha hopefully won't shed as much since with the poodle in her. I didn't know bernese mtn dogs come in 3 sizes - I'd love a micro one!

I still REFUSE to agree with that mix. Don't think vet is correct. How did they "confirm"? Blood tests? I doubt it. Even those aren't very accurate. 

I thought they meant toy because of the weight I saw. A pure bred standard poodle female should weigh 40-50 lbs. Bernese females should weigh around 90 lbs. How did the vet "confirm" such a mix with such WEIRD final weight expectations. 

Bernese and Poodle mix? Lol I don't think so!

@GingerFish Bernese Mountain dogs don't come in 3 sizes, Poodles do. Miniature, Toy, and Standard. 

1 hour ago, myrasosweet said:

I still REFUSE to agree with that mix. Don't think vet is correct. How did they "confirm"? Blood tests? I doubt it. Even those aren't very accurate. 

I thought they meant toy because of the weight I saw. A pure bred standard poodle female should weigh 40-50 lbs. Bernese females should weigh around 90 lbs. How did the vet "confirm" such a mix with such WEIRD final weight expectations. 

Bernese and Poodle mix? Lol I don't think so!

@GingerFish Bernese Mountain dogs don't come in 3 sizes, Poodles do. Miniature, Toy, and Standard. 

I was actually the one that said 3 sizes but I was referring to the Bernese/Poodle mix comes in 3 sizes according to this website (under weight) http://www.petguide.com/breeds/dog/bernedoodle/

What an adorable puppy! Oh, yes, the training.. but keep it all fun, be consistent, and it will all pay off in having a great companion :) We just got 2 dogs on July 1st, one of whom is still technically a puppy, & there's been lots of training going on around here too...

• Like 2

On 8/1/2017 at 3:42 PM, Shahbazin said:

What an adorable puppy! Oh, yes, the training.. but keep it all fun, be consistent, and it will all pay off in having a great companion :) We just got 2 dogs on July 1st, one of whom is still technically a puppy, & there's been lots of training going on around here too...

Training is going well

Mocha is getting REALLY good at SIT and STAY!

she is also a very loving dog and if she remembers who you are she will literally lick you for like 20 minutes...such as the case with Noah...

we came hone from work the other day and BOOM Noah crawls over to the kennel cuz he likes to watch the dog and i let Mocha out and she just licked his face for like 20 minutes....Noah LOVED it....he laughed the entire time....finally Mocha moved on so i cleaned up Noah's face and"brushed" his teeth with this really interesting toothpaste our dentist gave us. just to get the bad taste out of his mouth! he he...

We are also now working on NOT letting her jump on the furniture unless she is "invited" (us patting the space next to use and saying "come". it's going well..

we still have a ways to go, but it is getting there!!!

• Like 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Important Information

Please read and indicate your acceptance of our Forum Rules Guidelines and our Privacy Policy