Sign in to follow this  
GingerFish

Water level alarm

I bought a SABRE Wired Water Leak Flood Alarm Sensor with 110 dB Siren on amazon for $10.47 because I flooded my kitchen when filling my tank. The alarm works great! I lay it on top of my tank with the probe dangling down to the level I want the water to stop at and when the water reaches that height, it makes a piercing sound - definitely can hear it from outside. It has a tiny little off switch which is really hard to turn off but I think it's a small price to pay for not flooding my kitchen again. Takes 2 AAA batteries. Love this!

• Like 1

So it isn't a leak sensor, but an over filled sensor?

Unless it has an alarm also for not detecting "contact" between the probes?

Wonder how the fish will react to a 110dB siren going off beside them? Need a video of that!

I know they don't "hear" like us, but I (only) imagine that they would still "feel" that??

Yes, I'm using it when refilling the aquarium not for leaks. I guess I could lay it next to the tank and it would go off if there were a leak.

I was so upset by the noise that I didn't look at the fish - I'm motivated to turn the water off before the alarm goes off because of the horrible racket!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Smart idea! I keep an alarm under the stand in case anything leaks, especially with the canister, just because this tank has sooooo much water. With the 50 gallon if a filter messed up and pumped water out overnight it'd maybe ruin the rug and be a headache but we could deal with it (this happened once!) But with a tank this huge it'd ruin the wood floor and maybe leak into other apartments, could get us in trouble and stuff. But using it to keep from overflowing the tank is a good idea :D 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Anna said:

maybe leak into other apartments

I think that would leak into quite a few apartments under yours, should that spring a bad leak. But hopefully it will never happen.

I'm happy with my filter, but i see a few folks like to add a jubilee clip around the hose attachments of the entrance/exit hoses on the thingymabob that attaches to the canister (If you can follow me?) - the bit where the hoses go in and out of the filter. Mine are quite swollen there, but seem secure enough with the original plastic fittings.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Important Information

Please read and indicate your acceptance of our Forum Rules Guidelines and our Privacy Policy