Sign in to follow this  
myrasosweet

Hello people

Just saying hey. My intuition was right about my fish. Disease destroyed every last one. The 3 I gave to Taryl that she didn't QT destroyed all her stock as well. We aren't sure what they had but it seemed foreign and we could not fight it. 

I still have 4 of the 5 Ryukin babies. I had a pH crash and the smallest one was killed in it. I still have 2 of the smelly regular goldfish from last year too. 

I still have my favorite regular goldfish of all time... Lady SHRIMP. I also still have Rustic, who has outgrown everyone. I shall be at the Atlanta Koi and Goldfish show late this month and Star and Bayana will be with me. 

My 55 is now a Cichlid tank. Novae died last month with swim bladder. He became a sinker and he couldn't swim up. He suffocated one night seemingly. I tried to treat him but nothing worked. I did get a new crowntail... Verdistis. Have some pics and whatnot if anybody is left here. 

I won't be here regularly but I thought about the forum and the unhappy terms with which I left and I figured to say hey in case any friends I made were left here. Hope everyone is doing okay. 

Check out lady Shrimp... Still weirdly fat for a single tail and still she's my favorite girly. 

IMG_20180902_155609.jpg

IMG_20180827_184737~2.jpg

IMG_20180701_113734.jpg

IMG_20180417_174933_kindlephoto-24621440.jpg

IMG_20180111_140439.jpg

IMG_20171022_125803.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Good to hear from you!  I have wondered how you and your goldfish were doing.  I have a ranchu that suddenly developed a swim bladder issue about 3 month ago.  He lays on his side at the bottom of my tank. I removed all my gravel to help him get to his food better.  He gets excited when I come to the tank and eats.  Just sad to see him struggle to get turned the correct way to eat.  I'm hoping (probably in vain) that he might outgrow it.  I still have my oranda in the tank with him too and I swear she looks after him.  She will scoot the food closer to him and lets him get first bite before she does.  Anyways great to hear from you, your fish look happy.

• Like 1

I'm so sorry, Mayra! That's totally sad! ?

I'm glad you still have 4 adorable little ryukins and Shrimp, too. But it's so sad to hear about the others.

Shrimp is still a silly little fatty, I see!

How've you been doing otherwise? I've missed you!

• Like 1

Hi ladies. I have been hanging in just fine. The fish all died in early spring so that's been a while so I've recovered from that. I'm happy I still have these. Jade also died Labor day. That sucked. And yup miss Shrimp is still a weirdly fat little single tail.

The Comets were never meant to be there and they've just about outgrown my badly overstocked porch pond. I can't ethically give them away, they all were exposed to the disease that wiped out tons of fish. I'm not sure they picked up anything and they seem fine, but after my boys also wiped out Taryl's fish, I won't risk it. I also discarded EVERY potentially contaminated thing after everyone died. 

I hope for a small upgrade next spring. I have 6 fish in a 70 gallon porch pond. Epic fail. Rustic is 70 grams already. Not gonna work. If I can't upgrade, I will have to put him down... And unfortunately maybe Shrimp as well. I hope not... I love the smelly Comets too and I don't want anymore babies to die. 

I shall NOT be mixing anymore imports with my Walmart and Domestic fish again. I have no space for a fish from the show. And refuse to mix any fish I might get with my current ones, so I sure hope I see nothing I like. I can make space for ONE fish in a tub but that's it. 

I still haven't gotten to ever raise any fry. The only girl out of the Ryukins is the smallest, most bland one. The rest are boys. Shrimp is female I think but she's a regular goldfish? I ALWAYS end up with mostly boys. Rustic is also CONFIRMED boy. 

Rustic from November - August... The regular goldfish ALWAYS outgrow my sweet little fancies. He reminds me of big Asteroid. I wish I could get the fancies to grow as fast as the regular ones. Oh well lol

IMG_20180826_185556~2.jpg

IMG_20171108_135625.jpg

• Like 3

Sorry to hear you've had so much trouble with your fish @myrasosweet but it is good to hear from you! I myself have lost a few fish recently, but they've all been the older fish that I've raised since fry and they just seem to be going to fishy heaven one after another. The rest of the fish in the pond are doing great and the water tests are perfect so I don't suspect anything other than they are just reaching the end of their lifespan at about the same time. Best of luck to you and the rest of your fish and please do drop in and say hi from time to time!!

• Like 2

All is well for now. We are planning the upgrade so I should be able to keep my regular goldfish. I will be attending the show this year as normal. I will be benching two little boys as normal as well... I really want a calico baby fish. I miss having a calico. 

• Like 3

On 9/11/2018 at 4:19 PM, myrasosweet said:

All is well for now. We are planning the upgrade so I should be able to keep my regular goldfish. I will be attending the show this year as normal. I will be benching two little boys as normal as well... I really want a calico baby fish. I miss having a calico. 

I miss calicos, too! Dx Is sad.

• Like 1

Shrimp is such a weird little fish. She's always been oddly fat for a single tail. That's why she's my favorite regular goldfish but I'm not sure it's normal. She hasn't spawned this year but I've never seen any stars on Shrimp and with her shape, I assumed female. Could be wrong. 

None of my fish are ever thin but this little girl is a tub of lard... She's been this way since she was small. Her fatness is even looking from the top. She's equally as bulgy on both sides.

All my fish have had a bit of a growth spurt over the past two weeks for some odd reason. It's been 90° every day still so I haven't cut feeding even though its mid September.

IMG_20180917_134830.jpg

• Like 3

On 9/9/2018 at 11:04 PM, ShawnInfirmity said:

Sorry to hear you've had so much trouble with your fish @myrasosweet but it is good to hear from you! I myself have lost a few fish recently, but they've all been the older fish that I've raised since fry and they just seem to be going to fishy heaven one after another. The rest of the fish in the pond are doing great and the water tests are perfect so I don't suspect anything other than they are just reaching the end of their lifespan at about the same time. Best of luck to you and the rest of your fish and please do drop in and say hi from time to time!!

How old are the ones that are kicking over? 

On 9/18/2018 at 1:06 AM, myrasosweet said:

Shrimp is such a weird little fish. She's always been oddly fat for a single tail. That's why she's my favorite regular goldfish but I'm not sure it's normal. She hasn't spawned this year but I've never seen any stars on Shrimp and with her shape, I assumed female. Could be wrong. 

None of my fish are ever thin but this little girl is a tub of lard... She's been this way since she was small. Her fatness is even looking from the top. She's equally as bulgy on both sides.

All my fish have had a bit of a growth spurt over the past two weeks for some odd reason. It's been 90° every day still so I haven't cut feeding even though its mid September.

IMG_20180917_134830.jpg

Cute! :D

I've noticed my fish often get growth spurts at the same time, too. Especially the males.

something interesting about mine--they say the runts never catch up to the others in the litter, but my two runts are actually nearly caught up to two of the mid-sized fish. To be fair, both of the mid-sized fish did go through periods of distress (one got a parasite and the other got wounded from trying to squeeze through something too small) and that may have slowed their growth. However, I'd have expected them to recover fully from that by now, and yet the runts still gain!

One of the mid-sized babies has gone through a serious growth spurt and has caught up in size with the two babies who were always the biggest. These three big babies are bigger than some of the other fish I've had for longer and didn't get as babies! In fact, they're nearly as big as Bermuda, the fancy goldfish I've had as long as I've been keeping fish!

I thought you might be interested to hear that, Mayra, given your understanding of growth and genetics!

• Like 2

My name. The spelling... The pain. It's Myra lol. It's all good. Thank you for the information. I appreciate all the information that I can get.

Of the Ryukin babies, Star was the biggest when I got him and Whisper was the smallest when I got them. They're now exactly the same weight. Photos here taken the exact same day. Star looks much bigger but Whisper is more stout so their weight is the same. A Ryukins weight is in his stoutness. 

IMG_20180917_135242.jpg

IMG_20180917_135202.jpg

IMG_20180917_134648.jpg

IMG_20180917_134707.jpg

• Like 4

Sorry Myra! xD I am a team lead at my job now and one of the ladies I coach is named 'Mayra.' I don't even pronounce Myra the goldfish's name correctly anymore! I'm ruined for life!

• Like 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Important Information

Please read and indicate your acceptance of our Forum Rules Guidelines and our Privacy Policy