hayley3

Growth on fish's gill but affecting eye also

History:  I didn't change the water for 3 weeks waiting for a new gravel cleaner.  The water looked fine so I wasn't worried.  Then the goldfish got cloudy eye.   I treated her with Fungus Cure and she got better.   I changed the water with the new cleaner but it was more of a water remover than a gravel cleaner.  I live in the middle of nowhere and have plans to buy her a 20 gallon aquarium on Dec 5th, she's in a 10 gallon atm.

All I have are test strips.  Today was the day to change her water and I noticed the growth, which seems to be affecting her eye too.  So I did a 80% water change.  I use a 20gallon Marineland Filter, I feed her Repashy to keep the water clean, and use Seachem Prime.  After the water change Ammonia is okay...the test strip really didn't change much from its original color.   I have soft water so I added a ph tablet.

I thought at first she had Lymphocystis...but hers looks worse than what I saw in google images.  So I wanted to get another opinion.  You can't see it sticking out from the angle I took it cause she freaks out when I have the ipad in front of her.  But it's raised above the tumor looking part and her eyes is funny looking too.

Thanks,

Cheryl

Keto tumor.JPG

Thanks Tanki...she has fully recovered so it must have been Lymphocystitis.  Also bought her a 20 gallon tank also which is double from the 10 she was in.

Edited by hayley3

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Important Information

Please read and indicate your acceptance of our Forum Rules Guidelines and our Privacy Policy