Sign in to follow this  
Alyssa

Fatty Fatty Two by Fish

I thought about posting in illness and disease but I'm not really sure how much a fat fish counts as sick.

Basically, one of my fish is far, far fatter than the rest. His belly bulges, skin can be seen between his little scales. He's stopped growing larger in other ways like the other fish in his litter.

I'm not sure what to do about it. He's not better at getting food than the others. He doesn't eat more than they do. He's just got a dead metabolism. How do you go about putting a single fish on a diet in a tank filled with normal weighted beasties? 

Thoughts? Feelings?

Not sure if anyone will even see this, let alone respond!

I should have said, I'm pretty sure obesity is the cause of his roundness because this has been going on for a very long time, possibly over a year. The symptoms are not sudden, but it's getting obvious that they're not going away and he looks... odd. I suppose I should try getting some photos so everyone can see his sad adorable chubbility. 

On 2/28/2019 at 1:48 AM, Alyssa said:

Nice to see you! How are you doing?

doing great!

Fish are good, humans are good!

it's a reason to celebrate!

• Like 1

I stop by now and then. Nobody posts so I usually don't even bother to log in. Let's have a look at fishy. Hard to be sure what might be the issue without a look. Obesity in fish is a thing, but in fancies, it's hard to tell from the outside until its gotten BAD. From what I recall, your fish were always too thin to me so maybe this one isn't fat, maybe the others are just thin. Anyway, hope all is well with you. 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2019 at 6:24 AM, myrasosweet said:

I stop by now and then. Nobody posts so I usually don't even bother to log in. Let's have a look at fishy. Hard to be sure what might be the issue without a look. Obesity in fish is a thing, but in fancies, it's hard to tell from the outside until its gotten BAD. From what I recall, your fish were always too thin to me so maybe this one isn't fat, maybe the others are just thin. Anyway, hope all is well with you. 

Nice to see you around!

Well, I'll get a picture of him for you! I've been feeding smaller portions lately to compensate. His scales are stretched apart so you can see his skin between them!

He's always been weird, actually. Always been unusually round compared to his siblings. I wonder if he's got some metabolic issue of some sort, maybe because he got sick for a while with some strange parasite that I never was able to name (a worm was poking out of his side like anchor worm, but it wasn't that). 

Anyway, I'll get a picture!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Important Information

Please read and indicate your acceptance of our Forum Rules Guidelines and our Privacy Policy